Install on Compaq R4000

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 14 15:56:51 UTC 2005

I got it to work in two steps:

1 ) First, I got VESA mode working using the file I made for you.

2 ) I ran the ATI setup script under VESA mode.  It did it thing and
setup the correct xorg.conf file.

Yes.  I am running amd64 ubuntu wit h the ATI configuration.  I had to
make one last change and manually edit the xorg.conf to ensure the
modeline has 1280x800 as the linux-on-laptops guide suggests.

I also got VMPLAYER to work on amd64 ubuntu yesterday.  But I kinda
kludged it.

--
azcrumpty