Skype or Gizmoproject.com was: Re: Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Phillip Sc. Boegh psb at ipl.dtu.dk
Tue Dec 13 09:14:45 UTC 2005

> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 20:37 -0500, 'Forum Post wrote:
>> Emmanuele Salvati Wrote:
>> > hi,
>>
>> > i would love to replace macosx with ubuntu on my laptop, but i can't,
>> > for 3
>>
>> > reasons:
>>
>> > --no linux driver for airport express (yet)
>>
>> > --no skype for linux/ppc (or equivalent to skype)
>
> Hmm, will this not work for you?
> http://www.skype.com/products/skype/linux/
Skype is running OK also just install from
sudo apt-get install skype

BUT on some of my Ubuntu-PCs I have installed gizmoproject.com by
installing all 3 .deb files in the sequence they are mentioned under the
Debian section on the side:
http://www.gizmoproject.com/download-linux.html

and Gixmoproject out (to phones) is cheaper than Skype-out.

But you can install both if you are in doubt.

Regards

Phillip

Phillip Sc. Bøgh
BioData Scientific employed
& Consultant
DTU - IPL, Building 303 øst; DK-2800 Kgl. Lyngby
tlf. +45 26156200