Amarok, games and Nvidia TNT 64 legacy driver

voger vogernewsletters at yahoo.gr
Mon Dec 12 23:15:38 UTC 2005

After i found some time to mess with my system, i finaly managed to
install NVIDIA's legacy drivers for my Riva TNT 64  card.
I did that mostly because i wanted to play games on linux, and these
games kept complaining about open gl drivers not beeing found etc.
Now after the successful installation (i know that because i can see the
NVIDIA logo before my kde start) the games exit with lines like

./glest: line 89:  8756 Segmentation fault      ./$GAME_BINARY $CMD_ARGS
"$@"

or xmms exits with segmentation fault and finaly amarok if run from
command line says:

amaroK: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
amaroK: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use
amarokapp.
amaroK: [Loader] amarokapp probably crashed!

That happened right after i installed the NVIDIA legacy drivers for
2.6.12-10-686

In my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file i have disabled the glx  and dri  modules.

How can i keep the driver and eliminate these problems? I had the same
exact problem with fedora core 4 also, but back then i thought that
fedora was a buggy release. But now i am sure that there is something
with NVIDIA's driver.
Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;
Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύματα (spam);   Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων
http://mail.yahoo.gr