does a commercial ogg-enabled "mp3-player" exist?

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Sun Dec 11 22:26:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 12:03:07PM -0400, Michael Head wrote:
> Unfortunately, it looks like it's been discontinued. Their only product
> anymore is an mpeg4 set top box.

That's not true. See, e.g., their front page, which includes
a link to this 80-gig player:
http://www.neurosaudio.com/store/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=DigitalInnovationsCatalog&product%5Fid=4020201&keyword=4020201&searchcat=products&cookie%5Ftest=1

I've been looking into buying it,

a) because my whole music collection is in Ogg, not MP3, and
   I don't want to convert 11,000 Oggs to MP3;
b) because Neuros really seems to get open source:
   http://open.neurosaudio.com/ ; and
c) because it's cheaper: $300 for 80 gigs versus $400 for a
   60-gig iPod.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org