root password...[ubuntu 5.10 installation issues]

David Hart ubuntu at tonix.org
Sun Dec 11 20:01:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 02:40:05PM -0500, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

> It would appear that on Dec 11, Steve Vandegaer did say:
>
> > you can use sudo before a command instead of using the root user.
>
> Uggg! Don't want to use sudo. If I spend the time learning it, I won't
> have time to finish configureing ubuntu before my VA is over and I don't
> have the time to spend doing so...

What is there to learn?  If you can use sudo to reset the
root password, you already know enough use sudo!

You may be pushed for time but at least wait to hear the arguments for
and against the use of sudo.  If you haven't got enough time for that
then, why on earth did you install Ubuntu in the first place?

--
David Hart <ubuntu at tonix.org>