Protecting PDF files

Wade Smart wade at wadesmart.com
Sun Dec 11 19:07:58 UTC 2005

12112005 1256 GMT-5

This is a bit off topic but, your reply made me think of ongoing gripe.

I do a lot of work for several real estate companies. All of the MLS
forms are now downloaded via pdf. This is a hugh horrible setup they
have. The agent must obtain the data from the client, open the pdf,
insert some data, print it off and insert the rest via type-writter, fax
it to the mls, and then mail in a copy plus keep a copy in their
records. The thing is, the pdf's dont open half of the time, most of the
time the agent just keeps copies of the files to fill out by hand - its
all useless.

What is pdf for now? Useless, pain in the ***, slow me down , document
something or other?

Im sure the original poster of this thread doesnt see it this way, but,
I think if you are selling me something, just put it in a format that I
can read and sell it to me. That way I can view it however I want.

Ok. -> Back to linux stuff.

Wade