VLC UI fonts are ugly

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Sun Dec 11 18:55:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:27:29AM +0100, Luca Manganelli wrote:
> Hi, I noticed that VLC User Interface fonts aren't same of GNOME. I
> think that they are GTK based. How can I change them as GNOME? They
> are very ugly and poor readable.

Breezy's vlc was compiled with GTK+ 1.2 support instead of the newer
GTK+ 2.8 due to locale-handling bugs both in the widget set
(wxwidgets2.6, which uses GTK+ 2.8) and in vlc itself. These bugs have
since been fixed in the most recent stable release of vlc, which is in
Dapper. An earlier preliminary snapshot has been backported from Dapper
to Breezy, so use the breezy-backports repository.
Daniel T. Chen            crimsun at ubuntu.com
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc