removable Media not mounted

Sarangan Thuraisingham / துரைசிங்கம் சாரங்கன் sarangan.thuraisingham at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 00:26:34 UTC 2005

Thilo Six wrote:
> Bump.
> Does no one have an idea?
>

>>Hello
>>
>>I have a problem with my removable usb-medias.
>>
>>The Icon on the desktop does not appear anymore and it does not get
>>mounted, although the system recognize them.
>>See below.
>>
>>What could be wrong?
>>
>>TIA Thilo

First of all, can you mount the drive through shell.
   sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /media/usbdisk

If you can, are you using GNOME or some other WM? If the above line
worked you might try adding it to /etc/fstab like this
   /dev/sda1  /media/usbdisk  vfat  defaults,user  0  0

PS: Change the above commands to suit your system.

--
Regards,
  - Saru

Homepage: http://sarangan.thuraisingham.net