Swapping the mainboard and CPU out... what do I need to know?

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:52:01 UTC 2005

Senectus . wrote:
> Ok I fixed that one.. I was dumb and forgot to plug the nvidia card
> into power :-P
> now GDM starts fine.. and I log in, but after I log in it just gives
> me a brown screen with no icons or panels (and the mouse cursor is
> there as well) plus the loading splash never came up either.
> Any idea's why Gnome is broken?

CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE will not restart it? Occasionally X server does not
work properly even on logging in (for me anyway), and usually this does
it. May have to type "startx" if it actually drops you to a commandline.

I'm not sure what else it could be...

-Steve.
--
Thunderbird :: Reclaim your Inbox :: getthunderbird.com
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org