Install on Compaq R4000

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Dec 10 06:16:53 UTC 2005

zenlakin Wrote:
> ok, I have it installed but I am not able to start x. when typing start
> x I get an error saying:

> Radeon(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI

> Radeon(0): XAAInit Error

> then it says something about checking the Xorg log. I have the Radeon
> 200m 128 meg chip with hypermemory.
I like what I see.  It did not blow up really bad.  From here on out,
you simply fix the minor complaints that show up in the log file.  If
you get more errors following this, attach the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file
so we can see what is going wrong.

In this case, it complains that it doesn't like option DRI.
Simple--->We will remove it.

Remove the following lines:

Load "dri"

Section "DRI"

Mode 0666

EndSection

Run startx again afterwood, and paste the log if you have any more
errors.

--
azcrumpty