Breezy upgrade, CPUFreq problem

Sarangan Thuraisingham / துரைசிங்கம் சாரங்கன் sarangan.thuraisingham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:44:43 UTC 2005

'Forum Post wrote:
> cilynx Wrote:
>
>>As advertised, kernels now available for download 'here'
>>(http://www.wolfteck.com/clockmod).
 >
> Can you also compile madwifi driver against your kernel config? My P4
> laptop need madwifi driver to get on wireless network.
>
> Many thanks!

My WiFi didn't work at first. When I looked at 'dmesg' I noticed that
hotplug was looking for firmware with the kernel version suffix. Before
I had 2.6.10 kernel and it used atmel_at76c502e.bin-2.6.12-10-386.

So, to use the new kernel I just created a symlink to the afore
mentioned file and called it 'atmel_at76c502e.bin-2.6.12.p4-no-n60'. May
be you can do something like that. The kernel was patched and not
modified in any other way, so you drivers should work if it was compiled
as a module.(Someone correct if I am wrong)

--
Regards,
  - Saru

Homepage: http://sarangan.thuraisingham.net