installing skype

Giorgos pinkisntwell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:40:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 08:57 +0100, steven.simonet wrote:
> I am new to linux and Ubuntu and want to install skype.
>
> I didn't find it in the list of programs that can be installed.
>
> How do I do this?
>

> Steve

I went for the deb package first but this has got some problems with
dependencies. I tried http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-static and
it works. You just extract and run and that's it. It looks ugly on my
machine and takes a long time to startup but otherwise it works.

(Plus you can enable the display of some statistics for your calls which
I believe is not possible in windows)