How to install cinelerra

Johann Spies js at wdsl.co.za
Thu Dec 8 12:26:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:03:45AM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> This thread has some good support in it for cinelerra:
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=47617&page=4&highlight=cinelerra
> and this post in particular makes it look easy:
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=529745&postcount=37

Thanks for the links.  It helped a bit, but it is not that easy
for me.  The thread refers to 'easyubuntu' for installing the
necessary additional codecs files.  The website for easyubuntu
is not available at the moment.  I get an error message in
French.

The next step would be to try automatix to install the
additional stuff.  It did install quite a lot of libraries.  I
did convert the rpm of cinelerra to deb and have installed it.
However, I still had to make a lot of symlinks to libraries
cinelerra needed and with the next one I am stuck:

"cinelerra: error while loading shared libraries:
libiec61883.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory"

I have experimented for nearly 12 hours now to get cinelerra
running in Breezy ...

I was not able to find out which package to install that would
provide libiec61883.so.0.

Regards
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
             Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536