last try: embedded vi in kde

Yoram Hekma yoram.hekma at unikaas.xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 8 08:47:38 UTC 2005

hometoast wrote:

> Well, posting three times doesn't necessarily get you 3x more answers
> - the same folks read all three messages.  ANYWAY - it appears vim as
> a kpart is a little buggy, so some people suggest to use KVim, a port
> of vim. It's unmaintained by works well.
>
> Please, while waiting for an answer (3 messages, same question, 2
> days) try (I mean really try) searching in google.
> http://www.google.com/search?q=kdevelop+kpart+vim
> gave lots of useful results.
>

> On 12/7/05, *Yoram Hekma* < yoram.hekma at unikaas.xs4all.nl
> <mailto:yoram.hekma at unikaas.xs4all.nl>> wrote:
>
>     Sorry, don't want to spam, I just clicked wrong:)
>
>     The problem is this:
>     I am using KDEVELOP, and I would like to use the vi-functionality that
>     the kpart module is supposed to give me.
>     Now I configured the KDE Components in the system settings to use vim,
>     and when I click "test" everything seems ok. However, I cannot select
>     the embedded vim editor in KDEVELOP or in any other KDE app for that
>     matter.
>
>     What am I doing wrong?
>
>     --

Yes well, like I said, I didnt mean to spam. One question was kinda
messed up, and the other one I posted in the wrong thread, so thats why.
If I search google, I mainly see people complaining it doesnt workt with
the standard gvim and that you have to use kvim, which is unmaintained.
Since I was wondering why it didn't work with gvim, I thought lets ask
here instead.

My apologies for the inconvience, I will  not raise this subject again:)