compaq presario 2100, suspend on lid close, resume fails

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 01:34:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've run into my first real issue with my laptop.

I decided that I would set it so that when I close the lid, rather
than just a blank locked screen it would suspend.

I enabled the suspend option in /etc/default/acpi

I edited /etc/acpi/events/lidbtn to point to /etc/acpi/sleep.sh

All is well, when I close the lid it suspends.  A little HD activity,
then it shuts off with a soft blinking power light.  As it should.

The problem arises when I open the lid.

The lights all come on for a brief second, then the whole machine powers down.

There's nothing in the kern.log to give me a clue.  I've looked and
attempted 'acpi_sleep=s3_bios' as a kernel option, but it didn't help.

Any ideas are welcome.
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com