How to force fsck on boot?

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 19:02:54 UTC 2005

On 12/7/05, Peter Stoddard <peter at stoddard.us> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Re Breezy Badger 2.6.12-10-powerpc
>
> Can someone tell me how to either boot into single user mode or force an
> fsck (or e2fsck) on boot?
>
> Also, I have looked for he answer on Wiki and other places and can't
> seem to find it.  Where is this info?

Sounds like fun, check out tune2fs and it's options for date that it
was last checked (-T) well into the past, and the time between checks
(-i) to something that is passed, it will fsck on reboot.

Personally, i set mine to 30 days which for me under normal
circumstances ends up being every time i reboot about every 2 or 3
months :)

There might be an easier way, I'm not sure.

~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com