Keyboard repeates characters & wrong system clock

Philip Axer paxer at nyware.de
Wed Dec 7 18:55:21 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have a Asus A8N Mainboard Dual Core X2 3800+ with the following kernel:
Linux philip 2.6.12-10-amd64-k8-smp #1 SMP Fri Nov 18 12:20:27 UTC 2005
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Two problems have occured:

The minor prob is that after some hours the system clock lives in the
near future! (up to some hours)
Sync with a ntp helps for short time.

The major problem is that my keyboard repeats the pressed charactes
suddenly! This isn't X fault, the error occurs on the other virtual
consols either! This is very ugly and occurs only when the system runs
some hours.

"This is an exampppppple text with repeattttttttttted characters. You
can see that this behaviour makes it neaaaaaaaaaaarly impossible to use
the computer!"

I think the time and keyboard problem are related in a strange way.
Hoppppppppppefully somebody can help!

Philip