Old Kernel Versions

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 16:48:26 UTC 2005

Yeah, I have 1G and I can only see 800MB.

David Hart <ubuntu at tonix.org> wrote: On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 03:28:09PM +0000, Anthony Gardner wrote:
>  Okay, as you can tell form my postings today, I've been having problems post breezy upgrade.
>
> Now, I can't see all my RAM using 2.6.10-6-386 under breezy. I'd like to install 2.6.10-6-686 but the only 686's under Synaptic are 2.6.12-10 which is crap (see previous post ;) )
>
>  So, how can I get hold of older kernel versions?

I'm not clear that you have any real problem with the new kernel (see my

You could help yourself a bit more when you post if you tell us, for
example, what ram do you have installed physically?  What makes you
think that you can't see all of it (what messages are you getting, from
where?).

(I know there can be problems when memory approaches 1G.  The biggest
box I have has only 512MB so I've not personally encountered them.)

--
David Hart