Connecting to the Internet

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:44:09 UTC 2005

> On 12/7/05, Bill Cairns <CairnsWW at eskom.co.za> wrote:
>> - There is no way of setting the connection speed and my connections seem
>> slow. Very slow.

For dial-up users, you should set the "disable IPv6" setting in Firefox,
otherwise browsing can be very slow (when trying to download more than
one thing at a time). Type "about:config" in the Firefox address bar,
find "network.dns.disableIPv6", double-click it to change the value from
  "false" to "true". That helped me a LOT. :-)

Also it's good to set "network.http.pipelining" and
"network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true" if they are not already.

DIAL-UP is NOT dead! :-)
--
Thunderbird :: Reclaim your Inbox :: getthunderbird.com