Connecting to the Internet

Bill Cairns CairnsWW at eskom.co.za
Wed Dec 7 12:16:18 UTC 2005

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE

which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

Hi Winton and Asif,

(I don't want to hijack Asif's discussion - but it seems the same topic!)

My problem is that, although I can now configure the modem through pppconfig and can connect by means of pon, Firefox does not recognise that I am connected. I can see that I am connected by looking at the modem (and I heard it connect!) but Firefox just tells me that the url is not available ("www.ubuntu.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again" - the same message I get when I am not connected. If I connect the other way, I have no problem).

Is this something to do with this not being a default route? Should I add "defaultroute" to the script file?

Bill

>>> ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com 07 December 2005 >>>

Hi again Asif,
you only need to do  sudo pppconfig, to configure the setup,
don't need sudo to actually connect. To disconnect just  poff

Take Care
Winton