OT motherboard/cpu suggestions sought

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Dec 7 04:57:25 UTC 2005

I put an Athlon on an ASRock motherboard and it's working fine.  I'm
running several 64-bit OSes with no serious problems.  The ASRock is
cheap and it works, including good onboard audio, video and ethernet.
Had to fiddle the video a bit.  (S3 Graphics Unichrome Pro)  None of
the distributions I've used has a driver for it so they fall back to
VESA.  I managed to find a solution on these forums for that.

The only thing I haven't done is try a 32-bit distro yet.  Looking
forward to that.

--
arjaybe