Connecting to the Internet

Hodgins Family ehodgins at telusplanet.net
Tue Dec 6 23:33:51 UTC 2005

Good afternoon!

> Hello fellow Ubuntu users,
>
>I have just installed Ubuntu and want to know how I can connect to the
>Internet without jeopardizing the security of my system.  I have just
>installed 5.10 from one of the CDs I received from Ubuntu website.
>
>Please help.

One "tool kit" might include:
i) rootkithunter
ii) chkrootkit
iii) a firewall program (firestarter, firehol, shorewall, etc. all have
their adherents -- don't ask which is best....a war could start!)
iv) antivirus program (clamav, f-prot)
v) tripwire
vi) aide

These will want to be installed and configured on your computer BEFORE you
hit the web (maybe download from a different computer that is already on the
web?)

HTH

Rob