editing Digital Video, authoring DVD's

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Tue Dec 6 07:21:47 UTC 2005

Hello David,

Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 10:12:02 AM, you wrote:

D> I need to shoot some dv, edit it, and then make it playable on a domestic
D> DVD player. I don't need an exotic menu - just something basic and user
D> friendly.

D> What are people using for editing and authoring.. and are they two
D> seperate packages?

Install 'Kino'.  It works for basic editing, then preparing the files
for burning to DVD. I think it generates those scripts too.

Keep in mind there's no really good video editing software for Linux
yet.. Kino is still a bit away from even having just the functions of
Windows Movie Maker or especially Apple iMovie.

But Kino does work in a life or death situation. :)

http://www.kinodv.org/

I think it's in the repositories so you can just get it with Synaptic
/ apt-get

Cheers,
Chanchao