new to linux/Ubuntu/shell scripting . . .

Rachael C. amaroq3 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:31:23 UTC 2005

thanks for the tip Scott!  It worked!  I then added in the sort:
grep -w -e '\(.\)\(.\).\2\1' bigTextFile.txt| sort -d -r > palindromes.txt

It sorted things in the order that I wanted, but its not getting the
palindromes.  Its getting the whole text.  The example of the
palindrome search I only found in one place.  Does anyone know of a
better way?