Installing fonts

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:49:34 UTC 2005

On 12/5/05, Keith Powell <keith at keithg4jvx.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> I have some fonts (mainly TTF) which I would like to install in Ubuntu
> (Gnome), from a CD. As they are not in a repository, I can't use Synaptic.
>
> What is the correct way to install them, please? I have tried putting
> them in a "fonts" folder in my /home/keith directory, (which I thought
> was the correct way), but  nothing will access them.
>
> I am the only user.
>
> I can't find anything about this in the forum or mailing list archives.
> But that doesn't mean that it's not there!
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,

I had the same question about a month ago. Rajesh on this list gave me
this advice, which worked for me (for True Type Fonts):

Copy the fonts to the fonts folder /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ and
run 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig'.
Rajesh

Hope that helps you too!

-Steve.
--
Firefox :: Rediscover the Web :: getfirefox.com
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org