Inventoy solution?

Mike Smith mikeosmith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:32:10 UTC 2005

I wrote my own (currently rewriting it to not be specific to
IIS/MSSQL, although it will run on that in our currernt environment).
Many of the accounting programs out there have Inventory modules
(MAS90, Great Plains...), I'd look into that if your accounting system
has that functionality it would be worth the $$$. We just
needed/wanted some specific functionality. Sourceforge.net has several
solutions that may suit your needs
(http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=erp&type_of_search=soft) for ERP
and Inventory. Do you manufacture? Do you track raw material v.
fabricated? Do you track all inventory the same (ie. cycle counts,
inventory movement (Dock->Location->Production))? Do you barcode?
Receiving procedures? Do you have the influence to institute a
corporate inventory system? The list goes on.
I'd be happy to share what we've done (off-list). Our current system
is horribly inadequate (my first programming experience), and another
reason to rewrite it.

Good Luck,
Mike Smith