Has anyone used the "Sound Recorder"?

neil woolford lists at neilwoolford.plus.com
Sun Dec 4 21:28:49 UTC 2005

That's Applications->Sound & Video->Sound Recorder.

I've just tried to use it.  It appears totally broken on both my Ubuntu
machines (Breezy).  Depending on the Multimedia settings, it is broken
in different ways, but always broken.  (Says it is recording, but slider
doesn't move;  says it is recording but seconds counter runs way too
fast;  stops responding to control input after I click to stop
recording;  looses connection to the xserver and has to be killed...)

If it works for others I'd like advice about the conditions needed for
it to work.

My fix for the moment has been to install krecord, which does work for me.

Neil