Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Dec 4 10:33:48 UTC 2005

Yes it has.. for now.

I seem to have fried the motherboard on my main machine, so I pulled
this laptop out of obscurity and out of the closet to use in the mean
time. Luckily the Ubuntu DVD's I ordered had just recently arrived. So
I went through the installation process and everything was working
great. I needed a bit of fiddling to get ndiswrapper working with my
Linksys WUSB54G, but after that I was online and ready to go with
wireless internet. I don't even remember what was on it previously, but
it's all Linux now.

I had previously run Ubuntu 5.04 but had issues with my ATI video card
so never fully adjusted to it. However this time around, with 5.10,
I've been really trying to get into it, and I'm really liking what I'm
seeing.

Even more recently I had been looking around for something that ran a
bit faster than GNOME... I was going to check out getting XFCE on
Ubuntu when I found Xubuntu. And wow! That's all I can say. Xubuntu is
working fantastically for my lower end system. It's like curing an
arthritic ridden patient or something. Xubuntu rocks :KS

When I fix my main machine, I will definetly be at least testing Ubuntu
5.10 on it, but I probably won't be able to switch completely because I
use Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Flash constantly.

--
Gavin86