Iriver

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Dec 2 18:28:14 UTC 2005

Sorry for not noticing new messages in this thread.

Anyway I am going to upgrade my iRivers firmware to UMS version one of
these days. I found this FAQ about iRiver staff at Sourceforge which
might interest you:

http://tinyurl.com/e37m7

>From iRivers homepage:

http://www.iriver.com

I found out that after you have upgraded your firmware to UMS version,
you can turn it back to manager firmware by upgrading appropiate
firmware.

Sorry that I can't help you with problem that you can not use ifp-Gnome
as normal user. Is the problem that ifp-Gnome does not start as normal
user? What kind of error message does it produce if started from
terminal?

Just a long shot, but if you happened to built it from source and as
root, maybe executable is owned by root and normal users do not have
permissions to run it?

--
Ufo