GDM with user album

Seth Hasani sepheebear at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:44:38 UTC 2005

<quote who="Erich Reto Iseli" on Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 01:20:15PM EST>

> Hello all,
>
> This was not satisfactory to me, so I created a new theme called
> HumanList, a variation from the default theme Human. It has a user
> album
> however it behaves not exactly as I would expect: when clicking on a
> user icon, the user should be prompted for his password directly. What
> get however, is just the username field filled in. I still have to
> press
> enter to get the password field. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with
> my
> theme?

Ah this was a pet peeve of mines too and I ran into the same thing.
Probably
a GDM bug, but a bit of digging revealed that the cause of this is the
lack
of the "pam-message" item.

In my case, I ignored it because I didnt want it, but found out that the
auto-magic password prompt does not work without it. So, add the
following
lines, position and style it any way you like and that should do the
trick:

<item type="label" id="pam-message">
     <pos x=" " y=" "anchor=" "/>
     <normal font=" " color=" "/>
     <text/>
</item>

If you dont like the text showing, just position it behind the
user-list.

--
  "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
than the