OT- Games, gamers, and gaming machines

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Thu Dec 1 19:22:40 UTC 2005

> Having never been a gamer on the computer or in the arcades I don't
> understand what the big deal is, but still have to ask; if gaming is
> wonderful why do people wish to do it on a computer?  Aren't the
> custom game machines at least an order of magnitude better?
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
> A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,
> use optimized, small code and usually perform well, none.
> 		Winduhs
>
> --
[Timothy A. Holmes]

Its very simple -- Money -- I have a 1,000 dollar computer with a high
resolution screen sitting on my desk, why would I want to spend another
450 on an Xbox 360 and attach it to a low resolution screen like my tv
when I can play the same game with the same controller on the device I
already have

TIM