Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

'Forum Post ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Dec 1 19:06:35 UTC 2005

Yes, pretty much.  When I still used a desktop machine I had it
configured for dual boot Ubuntu/Win98, with two hard drives. Once I
swapped out my big clunky desktop for a sleeker laptop, I booted
Windows once to verify that all the hardware worked, and promptly nuked
it all with a clean Ubuntu install.

At my non-profit sysadmin gig, I recently switched over to using Ubuntu
exclusively. Among other things this frees up a Windows computer that
can be used elsewhere, rather than the organization having to buy a new
one.

At my pay-for-play job I'm still required to use Windows, but most
times I use that for email, or for remote logins to other machines,
half of which run Suse, anyway.

--
niobe_logos