ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 350

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 1 05:51:11 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 14:03 -0600, Dennis_Drescher at sil.org wrote:
> ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com wrote on 11/30/2005 01:42:01 PM:
>
> > Message: 9
> > Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:31:01 +0000
> > From: Olafur Arason <olafra at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Redhat and Adobe survey
> > To: sounder at lists.ubuntu.com,    Ubuntu Help and User Discussions
> >    <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >
> > Redhat and Adobe are having a survery about linux use and the use of
> > some programs, very interesting.
> > http://www.globaltestmarket.com/survey/s.phtml?sn=37336〈=E
> >
> > Olafur Arason
>
> I took the survey but it looks like they are not looking for input from
> diehard Ubuntu users. I answered all the questions honestly but then it
> told me this:
>
> "Thank you for participating in this study. Unfortunately, the answers you
> have provided so far do not make you eligible to complete the survey.
> However, we appreciate the time you took to participate and look forward
> to inviting you to participate in a future study!"
>
> I wonder if I had said I used RedHat if I would have been treated
> differently?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dennis

I did the survey, which I found *extremely* poorly designed from a UI
and info perspective. Didn't come across a distro question, but a lot of
"how much will you be willing to pay for appfoo?"

Don't think they liked my answers for that though.
Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't.