Has Ubuntu Replaced Windows on Your Box?

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Thu Dec 1 04:32:41 UTC 2005

Hello DC,

Thursday, December 1, 2005, 8:28:00 AM, you wrote:

DP> I'd like to know how many people have actually replaced Windows
DP> with Ubuntu Linux.

I would do so in a split-second if only it would work with my new
digital camera, and frankly I don't trust it to support any future
hardware I might buy, or software I might need, either.

Oh yes, and I would have to give up video editing. With a new baby
around and loads of video, that's not going to happen. I like the
Kino-effort, but it's no Sony Vegas..

Then, printing just about anything beyond basic text I do on Windows..
It just doesn't come out as good.

And there's the thing that to run Ubuntu and connect to the Internet,
I need to connect it to a Windows laptop with Internet Connection
Sharing turned on..  Ubuntu doesn't work with the built-in modem.

So if it wasn't for Windows, you wouldn't be reading this.

Cheers,
Chanchao