Mounting ISO Files?

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Wed Aug 31 17:33:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:01:39PM -0400, sigma2805 wrote:
> i would also be interested in the script but i was wondering if it would
> be possible to have a way to right click on an ISO file and then select
> mount from the menu. that would be cool

I don't know what message you're responding to. But as far
as I know, this is the quickest way to mount an ISO file:

sudo modprobe loop
sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 filename.iso /mnt/mountpoint

where filename.iso is the name of the ISO file, and
/mnt/mountpoint is the directory where the ISO file will be
mounted.

You could put those two lines into a script, then add them
to a right-click menu associated with ISO files in GNOME.
I've never tried that, though, so you'd be on your own.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org
+(617) 308-5571