hibernate and mysqld

Mike Ginou mike at ginou.ca
Wed Aug 31 13:50:19 UTC 2005

Andreas Mussgiller wrote:
I know this could be more helpful, but for what it's worth:

You could add some shutdown commands to the hibernate scripts. I
certainly know this was possible on my older laptop using APM for power
management. New machines use a different power management system, ACPI,
but I think it's possible to add scripts that will run when ACPI events
(like hibernate) are triggered.

Try looking up info on ACPI scripts. Then all you'll need is a simple
script to start/stop mysqld when you resume/hibernate.

Mike