Dialup transfer rates

Graham Martin gcmartin at tsn.cc
Tue Aug 30 22:02:04 UTC 2005

Hi Winton
> >I had the same thing happen to me this morning using Hoary my download
> >speed was (1.1 kbs to 0) so I tried Warty on the same machine and the
> >download speed was (4.4 to 3.4 kbs) I have Warty and Hoary and Mepis3.3
> >on the same machine. I mostly use Warty I haven't been using Hoary just
> >checking it out. So the problem must be in Hoary or the setup.
> >
> >Regards Graham.
> >

> Hi Graham,
> don't think it's Hoary, it's too regular as far as times go. After
> 7.00pm it's
> very much up and down. Have been having probs getting connected, using a
> nation wide number,  and keep getting a busy signal, which again optusnet
> says can't happen. Finally traced this back to Gawler exchange switching
> equipment.

I haven't had any problems with Warty since I installed it in November
last year.
All my downloads have been a approx 3.5 kbs at the lowest.
This morning I tried hoary again to download my emails and the download
speed was less than 1 kbs to zero I logged out and then logged in again
and no difference still less than 1 kbs so I rebooted to Hoary again
and that fixed the problem for now, the download speed is 3.5 to 4.8
kbs.
I will check it again tomorrow using Hoary.

> Did you send it off list??, if so will check it out, not at all happy
> with my ISP.
> PS. My last email to you came back undelivered.
Yes I did send it off list.
Regards Graham