Urgent: Hardware Advice - Useable Dell with nVidia Dual Head AGP || PCI-X Card?

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:40:30 UTC 2005

Hey Everyone,

At my organization we are looking for a decent machine that Ubuntu
will work on that also has an nVidia Dual Head AGP || PCI-X card that
will actually work with Dual LCD Head's. Although personally I am not
big on Dell, they are our provider ATM and they are the current
company of choice.

We already have the displays but the current machines that we have
simply will not work for various reasons (they are a mixture of dells
and some other brands).

If anyone knows of a machine that works (even if I have to customer
config it), any pointers to those machines would be GREATLY
appreciated.

I have shown Ubuntu to many co-workers and some are currently using
it. I have 5 converts so far :) If we can get a good working setup
with dual heads we can hopefully have more of our developers using
Ubuntu too!

Please help me prove how much Ubuntu ROCKS! by helping us find good
supported hardware.

Suggestions?

Thanks a million in advance!

Matt