hp all in one dection

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Aug 30 13:11:56 UTC 2005

Tab Gilbert wrote:
>> I have an HP all in one too, it was auto detected out of the box. Its only
>>the scanning that I have not yet gotten to work. HP has drivers for it, its
>>just that I dont know how to install the dependencies.
>

> I have one of those hp types and there was a thread about this a week
> or two ago.  I am a noOb but it was something like installing the two
> different drivers, one for scanning and the other for all other
> functions.  I have not tried it yet cause of doing other things but it
> seemed real straight forward.  If I find it I will post.

Sounds like something that should be added to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HpPscHpPhotosmartSeriesAllInOnePrinters

I should have mentioned that all I want to do is print.  If auto works, great.  If
not, sounds like the hpoj driver will work.  HS kid needs to be able to print home
work from OO, so res, fonts, spinning cupcakes isn't needed.

^carl k