reinstalled windows, how do i reconfigure grub?

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Tue Aug 30 12:29:59 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 29.08.2005, 12:42 -0500 schrieb Cybe R. Wizard:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:55:25 +0200
> ulrich steffens <ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org> wrote:

> > > something like "fixboot" or "fixmbr" when booting xp installation cd
> > > in rescue mode
> > >
> > the only thing fixmbr will do, is the opposide of what he wants.
> > fixmbr overwrites the mbr and puts the windows bootloader in it.
> >
> > ulrich
> >
> And that's my point.  There is so much Windows expertise in the Linux
> groups ('most any of them), I just wonder how much /computer/ (and
> Linux) knowledge there is in Winduhs advocacy groups.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard
> --
> Their address sums up their attitude: One Microsoft Way.
> 		Winduhs

well, theres more to see than the millions of forums on the net.
for my last employee i had to do some stuff with 'active directory' and
'exchange', 'you name it'.... and i had to dive in ms-universe.
and i must admit, that the *newsgroups* at microsoft.com arent that bad.
galaxies away from linux-user-support, but the 'advanced' groups are
also filled with people who know what they're doing and willing to help.
but i admit:
support on the user-forums is mostly pointless.

and thats a big point for linux.
in linux, even for the lamest problem, you still have the chance that
even the guy who wrote/maintains that specific part answers you.

ulrich