Parport : "can't claim device"

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Aug 30 11:42:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to use a program that makes use of the parallel port of my
machine.
The problem is that the program seems to have difficulties accessing the
port. It aborts with the error :

"ioctl PPCLAIM: Invalid argument
Failed to claim ppdev."

I did run it with sudo. I also tried another program that does about the
same job, and it's having the same kind of problem it seems.

I tried in an up to date Breezy as well as Hoary, but same problem :-/

Anyone knows what could be wrong and how to work around it ???

Your thoughts will be highly welcome, I will really need this program to
work ! :o(

Regards,

--
Vince, panicing...