OpenOffice and bookprinting

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Tue Aug 30 10:32:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Anders Wallenquist wrote:

Hello Anders

Excellent Project!

> Does any one has the *experience of OpenOffice and* bookprint? What to
> think of etc or should I reconcider Scribus and PDF/X-3 or something else?

At the moment you're pretty much limited to /exporting/ to PDF as neither of
the import options are particularly brilliant.  You may find it better to do
some of the sections in OOo for the body of the text and then specific
areas (eg. layout specific sections) in Scribus.

And maybe the cover-matter in Inkscape (Vector package);  export the whole
lot as PDF files and order it together using PDFLatex/pdftk/pdfjam to give
you a PDF for the whole lot;  the printer can then take this from there and
you can feel good!  :)

It's even possible to do some level of layup and produce printers-spreads
using pdflatex to arrange/combine the pages...  If you need it to happen we
can probably make it happen.

	-Paul
--
The summer is familiar here.  Nottingham, GB