using background images in breezy

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 30 07:24:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 17:59 +0200, ulrich steffens wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 28.08.2005, 13:27 -0700 schrieb Jim Richardson:

> > > i think you should have a look at this :)
> > >
> > > http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1057
> >

> > I've seen it thanks! It looks interesting, but I will wait until it
> > shows up in Ubuntu before I dink with it, I tried compiling it, and ran
> > into a bunch of errors, probably because I did something wrong :) But I
> > took that as a sign that it's not for me yet, being clueless wrt C/C++
> >

> ah ok, i havent tried it myself yet.
> i thought, since you're running breezy already, you're not the faint of
> heart :)
> on a sidenote: i for myself have really no clue at all about programming
> but compiling programs or little tools isnt that hard.
> most errors someone encounters are missing dependencies. and google is
> still your friend.
>
> ulrich

Well, after a bunch of updates, I tried compiling it again, and it
compiled, with a lot of warnings, and now I have the nautilus action
creator menu item in System->Preferences, and I can run it, and make
changes, but they don't stick. I'll have to dig into it a bit. Probably
my fault still... :)

"A language, is a dialect, with an army, and a navy"