Burning DVDs

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 04:26:25 UTC 2005

I'm trying to burn a DVD ISO file... I right-click the file in the
file browser and selected to burn it. I chose 4x as the speed, however
it burned REALLLLY slow! 4x should take less than 15 minutes, but I'm
sure it took at least an hour! It worked, however how can I really
burn it at 4x? Should I be select a higher number as it is a DVD? If
the speed is referring to *CD* speeds, what number should I pick for
4x DVD??

Or is there another way to burn a DVD ISO (command-line, cdrecord, etc.)??

Thanks for any help!

BTW, DMA *is* enabled for the drive and works for reading from it.
Model is Plextor PX-708A. Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-X.

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings :: ubuntulinux.org