hp all in one dection

Charles Yao yaocharlesc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 03:25:10 UTC 2005

On 8/30/05, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:

> Charles Yao wrote:
> >

> > On 8/30/05, *Carl Karsten* <carl at personnelware.com
> > <mailto:carl at personnelware.com>> wrote:
> >
> > HP print/scan/fax thing bought new in the last year (don't know the
> > model, it is
> > at a friends place, I'll be talking them trough moving the printer
> > from the win
> > box that crashed to the Ubuntu box that the kids use for surfing.) -
> > What are the chances of it showing up under "new printer/detected
> > printers"?
> >
> > If it isn't detected, which driver(s) stand the best chance of
> > working with it?
> >

> > ^Carl K
> >
> > --
> >

> > I have an HP all in one too, it was auto detected out of the box. Its
> > only the scanning that I have not yet gotten to work. HP has drivers for
> > it, its just that I dont know how to install the dependencies.
> >
> > Charles
> >

> Glad to hear it. Thanks.
>
> Can you review
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HpPscHpPhotosmartSeriesAllInOnePrinters
>
> Sounds like you had better luck.
>
> Carl K

Actaully, the problem with the link i posted is that scanning still does not
work. My unit is an HP Laserjet 3015 MFP. For both printing and faxing its
just plug and play. But when i try to install the driver to get scanning
this is what i get when i use the command

"$./configure --prefix=/usr"

checking for jpeg_set_defaults in -ljpeg... no
configure: error: "cannot find libjpeg support"
root at GreenleeCP1:/home/ccyao/hpijs-2.1.4 # apt-get install libjpeg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Couldn't find package libjpeg

When I use 'make' as the intructions indicate i get:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

When i use make install'

make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

I get stuck at this stage.

Charles