TV Tuner cards

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:10:31 UTC 2005

On 8/28/05, thewaxtadpole <ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org> wrote:

> I have a tv at nywhere master working in hoary and breezy.  You have to
> add
>

> tda9887  qss=0
>

> to your /etc/modules
>

> Reboot, and that should be it.  I had mine working for a couple weeks
> without realizing it because I had the line in muted on my soundcard,
> but if you're getting static right now you shouldn't have that
> problem.
>

> -Joshua
>

> --
> thewaxtadpole

Joshua,

Thanks a bunch! It was that easy?? :-) It works great now.

BTW, what tv tuner software do you use? I use TVTime... I find I have
to do a lot of picture tuning to get a good picture
(brightness/contrast/hue). How about you? If you use the same app,
what settings do you find work good for you? Some channels I can get
looking really good, while others I spend a lot of time fiddling
with... especially the contrast/brightness adjustments (either the
whites are over-exposed-looking, or it's TOO dark, of the dark colours
have no definition).

Thanks again!

-Steve.
--