using background images in breezy

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Mon Aug 29 15:59:41 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 28.08.2005, 13:27 -0700 schrieb Jim Richardson:
> On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 17:38 +0200, ulrich steffens wrote:

> > > Thanks for the tip, unfortunately, all it does is remove whatever image
> > > I am using, and give me a blank background, but this scripting thing
> > > looks rather intersting. Is there a way to have the scripts
> > > in .gnome2/nautilus-scripts only show up in the context menu for the
> > > relevent filetypes? ie, rt click on an image, you get the scripts that
> > > are applicable to an image?
> > >

> > i think you should have a look at this :)
> >
> > http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=1057
>

> I've seen it thanks! It looks interesting, but I will wait until it
> shows up in Ubuntu before I dink with it, I tried compiling it, and ran
> into a bunch of errors, probably because I did something wrong :) But I
> took that as a sign that it's not for me yet, being clueless wrt C/C++

ah ok, i havent tried it myself yet.
i thought, since you're running breezy already, you're not the faint of
heart :)
on a sidenote: i for myself have really no clue at all about programming
but compiling programs or little tools isnt that hard.
most errors someone encounters are missing dependencies. and google is
still your friend.

ulrich