script with mp3info.

Bernhard berndl81 at gmx.at
Mon Aug 29 12:08:35 UTC 2005

Hi everyone.

I'm currently trying to re-organize my mp3/ogg collection. I've ripped
all of my audio-cds and I've already spent a lot of time to insert the
corresponding id3-tags correctly.

I've found a quite good solution to create pdf-covers of my backup cds
via LaTex (disk-cover: http://www.liacs.nl/~jvhemert/disc-cover/) if a
text-file of the following format is provided:

Title: Some Albumname
Artist: Some Artist
Note: Optional Note

Track 1::Length Of Track 1
Track 2::Length Of Track 2
Track 3::Length Of Track 3
Track 4::Length Of Track 4
Track 5::Length Of Track 5
Track 6::Length Of Track 6

I know as well that it is possible to extract the information of mp3s
stored in the id3-tags via the little program mp3info available in
universe. My question, how should I start writing a shell-script that
creates a text-file of the above structure of a given folder with mp3s,
saves the text-file and sends it to latex, dvips and ps2pdf with some
given arguments?

Anyone who knows a good tutorial? Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot
for you help!

Bernhard