Backup software

Scott J. Henson scotth at csee.wvu.edu
Mon Aug 29 06:50:59 UTC 2005

Charles Yao wrote:
> Any backup software you guys can recommend? im getting tiredof manualy
> copying files on our server to back it up.
>
> Charles

Depends on what your looking for.  I would recommend both rdiff-backup
and duplicity.  Both were written by the same person and both do a good
job.  The difference is that duplicity does encrypted backups.  So if
you don't trust the server(aka many people on it and you don't have
root) that your sending your data to, then you might look at duplicity.
 Otherwise rdiff-backup does a good job with far less CPU usage.

In anycase, both are packaged for ubuntu in universe and are written in
python.  Ive had good experiences with both.