Reconfiguring GRUB

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Mon Aug 29 06:13:02 UTC 2005

I've been doing some changes on the way my machine boots, well actually
I've been making it a bit secure :)
I want to know if there is a way to make GRUB boot removable media. For
example let's say I want to boot knoppix, I have the CD but I've
configured the BIOS to boot from the master hard drive, so would I be
able to tell grub to boot from the CD, like add another entry?

I was thinking that maybe adding the following lines
to /boot/grub/device.map:
(fd0) /dev/floppy0  #Floppy Drive
(hd2) /dev/hdc      #DVD-ROM
(hd3) /dev/hdd      #CD-RW

But what would the entry look like? I've done some searching on google
and have not found anything that does this :(

Can anyone help?
--
Luis Murillo M.
lmurillo at gmx.net
Heredia, Costa Rica

GPG KeyID: D66B35FD
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D66B35FD